Friday 16 January 2009

Israeli military sorry for dead citizens in Gaza

My friends, something of a contrast here.

On the one hand you have Hamas deliberately targetting Israeli citizens in their plans for ridding the globe of Israel as per their Charter (the Covenant of the Islamic Resistance Movement, 18 August 1988):
Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it.
On the other hand you have the Israeli military who, despite Hamas fighters wearing civilian clothing while fighting Israeli troops and using schools, mosques and crowded residential areas for cover intentionally making it hard to keep ordinary residents out of harm's way, are trying to avoid hitting noncombatants:
Capt. Orr, 25, felt that aborting some of his targets for fear of harming civilians were among his proudest achievements.

"The ones I remember are when I have locked in on a target and I fire and then at the last second I see a child in my cross hairs and I divert the missile," he said. "That leaves a mark."

..."We work very hard to keep civilian casualties as low as possible," he said. "Each missile we shoot is pinpointed to the very meter we want it to go."
It's worth reading the whole article, and then thinking about what people mean when they repeat the leftist mantra, "we are all Hamas now".

No comments:

Post a Comment